Doce de Abril (or the 12th of April) is the holiday in Cuenca that celebrates the birth of the city. The Spanish settlement of Cuenca was founded on April 12, 1557. This year marks the 459th anniversary. The celebration occurs for a week that ends on the 12th. Lots of parades, fireworks, entertainment shows, tents of merchandise and food. All of this happens in multiple locations in the city. The city puts out a schedule that shows the different plazas and parks that will host an event that day. It's a great time to just explore and see what it's all about and what the locals have to offer. It's lots of fun.
Unfortunately, we came to TodosSantos church a little late and only caught the end of the fireworks.
- WHY TRAVELERS SHOULD CONSIDER AIRPORT HOTELS - July 13, 2017
- HOW TO SWIM WITH PLAYA DEL CARMEN SEA TURTLES - July 3, 2017
- AIRPORT LAYOVERS HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS GREAT - June 3, 2017
- WHAT ALL EXPATS DO WHEN LEAVING THE US, SHOP - May 26, 2017
- LA CASA VERDE, ECO FRIENDLY COMFORT, BANOS EC - April 11, 2017
- VILCABAMBA-DISCOVER THE VALLEY OF LONGEVITY - April 6, 2017
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- THE MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE I’VE EVER DONE - November 20, 2016
- UNIQUE PAXIS BACKPACK, WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016
- EXPERIENCE AMALFI IN A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE VILLA - October 30, 2016