Doce de Abril (or the 12th of April) is the holiday in Cuenca that celebrates the birth of the city. The Spanish settlement of Cuenca was founded on April 12, 1557. This year marks the 459th anniversary. The celebration occurs for a week that ends on the 12th. Lots of parades, fireworks, entertainment shows, tents of merchandise and food. All of this happens in multiple locations in the city. The city puts out a schedule that shows the different plazas and parks that will host an event that day. It’s a great time to just explore and see what it’s all about and what the locals have to offer. It’s lots of fun.
Unfortunately, we came to TodosSantos church a little late and only caught the end of the fireworks.
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- THE MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE I’VE EVER DONE - November 20, 2016
- UNIQUE PAXIS BACKPACK, WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016
- EXPERIENCE AMALFI IN A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE VILLA - October 30, 2016
- HOW TO GET THE BEST NIGHT SLEEP WHEN TRAVELING - October 29, 2016
- AMAZING AMALFI COAST, AFFORDABLE DAY ON A BOAT - October 9, 2016
- CHORDELEG ECUADOR, EXCLUSIVE SILVER SHOPPING AT ITS BEST - August 2, 2016
- INGAPIRCA, A VISIT TO THE AMAZING YET POWERFUL PAST - July 10, 2016
- HIGH ATOP IN TURI, UNSURPASSED VIEW OF CUENCA ECUADOR - June 18, 2016
- PUMAPUNGO – ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE IN CUENCA EC - June 11, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.