Only in Cuenca can you have world class musicians play Vivaldi at your house concert party for a small donation of appreciation.
We went to a friends house who hosted one of these events, and it was fantastic. Led by Daniel Brito Acosta (Pianist), Violinist and a Cellist, the trio sounded magnificent. They played for an hour and a half with numbers that included The Four Seasons, Gabriel's Oboe, The Winter, The Gypsy and Princesa de Czardas. Daniel's dream is for these type of home concert series events grow and to spread the great culture around that exists in Cuenca. I”m told that these home concerts do happen in the US but only for the upper elite. In Cuenca, anyone that can host 20-30 people can have such an event. Afterwards, our friends hosted food and wine for everyone, but some of these are of a potluck type. Each invitee brings a dish. The musicians stick around after and mingle with the guests. We had some great conversation with Daniel, the creator of the concept.
- WHY TRAVELERS SHOULD CONSIDER AIRPORT HOTELS - July 13, 2017
- HOW TO SWIM WITH PLAYA DEL CARMEN SEA TURTLES - July 3, 2017
- AIRPORT LAYOVERS HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS GREAT - June 3, 2017
- WHAT ALL EXPATS DO WHEN LEAVING THE US, SHOP - May 26, 2017
- LA CASA VERDE, ECO FRIENDLY COMFORT, BANOS EC - April 11, 2017
- VILCABAMBA-DISCOVER THE VALLEY OF LONGEVITY - April 6, 2017
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- THE MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE I’VE EVER DONE - November 20, 2016
- UNIQUE PAXIS BACKPACK, WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016
- EXPERIENCE AMALFI IN A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE VILLA - October 30, 2016