Only in Cuenca can you have world class musicians play Vivaldi at your house concert party for a small donation of appreciation.
We went to a friends house who hosted one of these events, and it was fantastic. Led by Daniel Brito Acosta (Pianist), Violinist and a Cellist, the trio sounded magnificent. They played for an hour and a half with numbers that included The Four Seasons, Gabriel’s Oboe, The Winter, The Gypsy and Princesa de Czardas.
Daniel’s dream is for these type of home concert series events grow and to spread the great culture around that exists in Cuenca. I”m told that these home concerts do happen in the US but only for the upper elite. In Cuenca, anyone that can host 20-30 people can have such an event. Afterward, our friends hosted food and wine for everyone, but some of these are of a potluck type. Each invitee brings a dish. The musicians stick around after and mingle with the guests. We had some great conversation with Daniel, the creator of the concept.
For world-class art check out Miguel Illescas Art Gallery in Cuenca.
- A Spotlight on Fantastic Fun Things to do in Portland Oregon - August 27, 2019
- Discover the Wonderful Oregon Columbia Gorge Wine Country - August 13, 2019
- Discover all that Makes Seattle Amazing in Just Two Days - July 30, 2019
- Enjoy a Scenic Adventure on the Amazing Rocky Mountaineer - July 2, 2019
- What You Need to Know about a Holland America Alaskan Cruise - June 18, 2019
- See the Best Czech Spa Towns in the World, Beginning in Karlovy Vary - June 4, 2019
- Unlock the Hidden Secrets of the Czech Republic-See Ostrava and Opava - May 14, 2019
- How to Make the Best of a Full 48 Hours in Krakow Poland - April 30, 2019
- Karolyi Chateau – Where You can Experience Hungary’s Amazing Past - April 16, 2019
- See the Wonders of the Jungle in Luxury on an Amazon River Cruise - March 26, 2019