Only in Cuenca can you have world class musicians play Vivaldi at your house concert party for a small donation of appreciation.
We went to a friends house who hosted one of these events, and it was fantastic. Led by Daniel Brito Acosta (Pianist), Violinist and a Cellist, the trio sounded magnificent. They played for an hour and a half with numbers that included The Four Seasons, Gabriel's Oboe, The Winter, The Gypsy and Princesa de Czardas.
Daniel's dream is for these type of home concert series events grow and to spread the great culture around that exists in Cuenca. I”m told that these home concerts do happen in the US but only for the upper elite. In Cuenca, anyone that can host 20-30 people can have such an event. Afterward, our friends hosted food and wine for everyone, but some of these are of a potluck type. Each invitee brings a dish. The musicians stick around after and mingle with the guests. We had some great conversation with Daniel, the creator of the concept.
- Croatia – Discovering My Croatian Ancestry For the First Time - September 4, 2018
- Innovative Mens Cruise Wear-My Exciting Find That's Good For All Travel - May 22, 2018
- Airbnb Host – Unlock This Powerful Side Hustle to Early Retirement - March 27, 2018
- Top 10 Most Valuable Travel Apps to Use While On Your Trip - March 20, 2018
- Dingle Cooking and Pottery – Fantastic Things to do In Ireland - February 15, 2018
- 2017 Top 10 Ultimate Gadgets for the Traveler Gift Guide - November 16, 2017
- Rent a Lighthouse on a Private Island for a Unique Adventure - October 10, 2017
- The Best Prince Edward Island Attraction – Fun with Falcons - October 3, 2017
- Best Travel Daypack – Lightweight & Safe With Pacsafe - August 3, 2017
- Playa Del Carmen Sea Turtles – How to Swim With - July 3, 2017