The Orchid Farm (called Ecuagenera) is more than just a place to buy Orchids; it’s a laboratory, gene bank and education center. This small farm participates in orchid shows and lectures around the world. The hour and a half long tour was enjoyable. The time and effort that goes into creating hybrid Orchids are amazing. The grounds were beautiful, and our tour guide (who was an Intern from France) was very knowledgeable. In addition to the Orchids, there are some tropical plants, fruit trees, and parrots. You don’t have to be into Orchids to enjoy this tour. The information and orchid variations will be fascinating to all. In fact, something I’ll never forget is the key to identifying an Orchid. Think 3-2-1… 3 Sepals (outermost flower), 2 Petals (innermost flower part) and 1 Column (in the middle of the flower).
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- THE MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE I’VE EVER DONE - November 20, 2016
- UNIQUE PAXIS BACKPACK, WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016
- EXPERIENCE AMALFI IN A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE VILLA - October 30, 2016
- HOW TO GET THE BEST NIGHT SLEEP WHEN TRAVELING - October 29, 2016
- AMAZING AMALFI COAST, AFFORDABLE DAY ON A BOAT - October 9, 2016
- CHORDELEG ECUADOR, EXCLUSIVE SILVER SHOPPING AT ITS BEST - August 2, 2016
- INGAPIRCA, A VISIT TO THE AMAZING YET POWERFUL PAST - July 10, 2016
- HIGH ATOP IN TURI, UNSURPASSED VIEW OF CUENCA ECUADOR - June 18, 2016
- PUMAPUNGO – ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE IN CUENCA EC - June 11, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.