What a fun time to have a custom hat made for you at the Barranco Panama Hat Factory. Our out of town guests wanted to buy a genuine Panama hat to take back with them to the US. We took them to the Barranco store where you can get your hat customized to your liking. The store is a museum because they have lots of old equipment on display that shows the methods they used to make the hats back in the day. What’s nice about Barranco is that if you don’t find a hat you like from the extensive inventory of already made, you can start off with a blank hat and have it customized to whatever you want.
Our friend liked features of many different hats and wanted one tailored, so she started off with a blank. First, she wanted a particular “dent” (not exactly sure what they call it) on the top. Next, she wanted black trim around the brim and finally, a black ribbon. They have all the equipment on site so you can watch them do the pressing of the dent. The ladies do all the sewing while you wait. In the end, you walk away with the perfect hat. It turned out that 3 out of 4 of us got a new hat that day.
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- THE MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE I’VE EVER DONE - November 20, 2016
- UNIQUE PAXIS BACKPACK, WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016
- EXPERIENCE AMALFI IN A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE VILLA - October 30, 2016
- HOW TO GET THE BEST NIGHT SLEEP WHEN TRAVELING - October 29, 2016
- AMAZING AMALFI COAST, AFFORDABLE DAY ON A BOAT - October 9, 2016
- CHORDELEG ECUADOR, EXCLUSIVE SILVER SHOPPING AT ITS BEST - August 2, 2016
- INGAPIRCA, A VISIT TO THE AMAZING YET POWERFUL PAST - July 10, 2016
- HIGH ATOP IN TURI, UNSURPASSED VIEW OF CUENCA ECUADOR - June 18, 2016
- PUMAPUNGO – ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE IN CUENCA EC - June 11, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.