Seven Church Tradition
Stations of the Cross
My mother took me to Stations of the Cross a couple of times when I was young. I did not like going. The service was too long, and I did not understand what was going on. One thing I noticed as I did the seven church visit was that there were a lot of families with young children as well as teenagers entering the churches. Because you visit seven churches in one evening, you do not spend much time in one particular church and are frequently on the move. The other thing I notice was that outside of the churches people were selling carnival or celebration food. I saw hard boiled quail eggs, grilled meats, and corn for sale as well as many different kinds of sweets.
Outside of the New Cathedral, there were people selling votive candles and religious objects as well as photo opportunities for children with movie characters. For young kids who do not grasp the meaning of the evening what they take away is that this is a fun night to spend with their family. I think this is how this tradition survives here in South America. This night becomes a tradition they look forward to each year. As God is the Father of us all, like any parent, I think that anything that brings families together makes him happy.
- Dusseldorf Germany 7 Things You Will Enjoy When You Visit - January 8, 2019
- Media Harbor Dusseldorf – 5 Amazing Reasons Why You Should Visit Now - December 26, 2018
- Indias Culture will Make You Want to Visit - December 11, 2018
- Photos of the Beautiful Colors and Wonderful Faces of India - December 7, 2018
- Experience Indias Golden Triangle for the First Time - November 27, 2018
- 5 Unusual Things You Can Actually Do in Vienna - October 30, 2018
- Hotel Bristol Vienna, Experience the Luxurious Past Now - October 16, 2018
- Zagorje Croatia, a Super Romantic Place to See in the World - October 2, 2018
- A Spotlight on Croatia's Amazing Northern Istria Coast - September 18, 2018
- Zagreb Croatia – An Amazing Timeless City that Cruises Miss - August 21, 2018