Seven Church Tradition
Stations of the Cross
My mother took me to Stations of the Cross a couple of times when I was young. I did not like going. The service was too long, and I did not understand what was going on. One thing I noticed as I did the seven church visit was that there were a lot of families with young children as well as teenagers entering the churches. Because you visit seven churches in one evening, you do not spend much time in one particular church and are frequently on the move. The other thing I notice was that outside of the churches people were selling carnival or celebration food. I saw hard boiled quail eggs, grilled meats, and corn for sale as well as many different kinds of sweets.
Outside of the New Cathedral, there were people selling votive candles and religious objects as well as photo opportunities for children with movie characters. For young kids who do not grasp the meaning of the evening what they take away is that this is a fun night to spend with their family. I think this is how this tradition survives here in South America. This night becomes a tradition they look forward to each year. As God is the Father of us all, like any parent, I think that anything that brings families together makes him happy.
- Ring of Kerry Ireland – Remarkable One Day Ultimate Drive - January 17, 2018
- Enjoy the Magic of a 5 Day Prince Edward Island Road Trip - January 2, 2018
- The 5 Effective Habits of People Who Retired Early - December 19, 2017
- Making Your Own Unique Gin in Irelands Gin School is the Most Fun - December 12, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 4 - November 28, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 3 - November 21, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 2 - November 14, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 1 - November 7, 2017
- Enjoy the Romance of Ireland's Exclusive Castles and Manor Houses - October 31, 2017
- Nova Scotia Wineries – Fantastic Wines Not to Be Missed - October 24, 2017