We found this archeological museum after we decided to check out the beautiful School of Medicine building on Dose de Abril near Solano Ave. The Cultural Unit of the University of Cuenca founded the museum in 1999. The museum has about 4,500 pieces but only a handful are displayed. They rotate the exhibits.
The grand columns that line the entranceway drew us in to have a look. There it was, a museum we were not expecting to find. The Archaeological Museum of the University of Cuenca is very small, but it contains some beautiful ancient artifacts. Some are several thousands of years old. In the courtyard, there were no downspouts for the rain. Instead, they used heavy taunt chains for the water to follow so that it finds its way to the ground.
It will take about 30 minutes to see the entire exhibit. Best of all, it's free.
- AncestryDNA How I Discovered an Amazing New Family - April 20, 2018
- Fenway Park Tour in Boston – Americas Most Beloved Ballpark - March 6, 2018
- Ring of Kerry Ireland – Remarkable One Day Ultimate Drive - January 17, 2018
- Enjoy the Magic of a 5 Day Prince Edward Island Road Trip - January 2, 2018
- The 5 Effective Habits of People Who Retired Early - December 19, 2017
- Making Your Own Unique Gin in Irelands Gin School is the Most Fun - December 12, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 4 - November 28, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 3 - November 21, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 2 - November 14, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 1 - November 7, 2017