We found this archeological museum after we decided to check out the beautiful School of Medicine building on Dose de Abril near Solano Ave. The Cultural Unit of the University of Cuenca founded the museum in 1999. The museum has about 4,500 pieces but only a handful are displayed. They rotate the exhibits.
The grand columns that line the entranceway drew us in to have a look. There it was, a museum we were not expecting to find. The Archaeological Museum of the University of Cuenca is very small, but it contains some beautiful ancient artifacts. Some are several thousands of years old. In the courtyard, there were no downspouts for the rain. Instead, they used heavy taunt chains for the water to follow so that it finds its way to the ground.
It will take about 30 minutes to see the entire exhibit. Best of all, it's free.
- Tri-Valley and Livermore Wine Northern California's Amazing Hidden Gems - March 24, 2020
- Mariposa, Yosemite, and Sequoia a Spotlight on Great Things to See and Do - March 10, 2020
- A Luxury Galapagos Cruise is an Amazing Lifetime Adventure - February 27, 2020
- How to Have an Amazing Weekend in Napa Wine Tasting - February 11, 2020
- An Amazing One-Day Delectable Sonoma Wine Itinerary - January 28, 2020
- Discover and Enjoy all That is the Best of Santa Rosa Wine - January 14, 2020
- The Best Way to Experience Wonderful Mendocino Wine - December 31, 2019
- Have the Best Time with This 36 Hours San Francisco Itinerary - December 17, 2019
- Absolutely Fun and Awesome Things to Do in Montana - December 3, 2019
- See Utah's National Parks in Style with Utah Luxury Tours - November 5, 2019