We found this archeological museum after we decided to check out the beautiful School of Medicine building on Dose de Abril near Solano Ave. The Cultural Unit of the University of Cuenca founded the museum in 1999. The museum has about 4,500 pieces but only a handful are displayed. They rotate the exhibits.
The grand columns that line the entranceway drew us in to have a look. There it was, a museum we were not expecting to find. The Archaeological Museum of the University of Cuenca is very small, but it contains some beautiful ancient artifacts. Some are several thousands of years old. In the courtyard, there were no downspouts for the rain. Instead, they used heavy taunt chains for the water to follow so that it finds its way to the ground.
It will take about 30 minutes to see the entire exhibit. Best of all, it's free.
- Prince Edward Island 9 Top Things You Need to See and Do - September 18, 2017
- Playa Del Carmen Shopping on the Fabulous 5th Avenue - July 26, 2017
- Swim the Beautiful Cenotes of Playa Del Carmen - July 20, 2017
- How to Retire Early in 6 Easy Steps at Any Age - July 11, 2017
- Huntsville Walking Tour – Learn More on Foot - June 17, 2017
- A Blast at the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville - June 10, 2017
- Amazon Jungle Adventure – Blowguns & Chocolate - May 20, 2017
- THERMAL BATHS IN BANOS ECUADOR ARE AMAZING - May 1, 2017
- BAÑOS THE ADVENTURE CAPITAL OF ECUADOR - April 17, 2017
- HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL FILMING IN CUENCA - March 31, 2017