We found this archeological museum after we decided to check out the beautiful School of Medicine building on Dose de Abril near Solano Ave. The Cultural Unit of the University of Cuenca founded the museum in 1999. The museum has about 4,500 pieces but only a handful are displayed. They rotate the exhibits.
The grand columns that line the entranceway drew us in to have a look. There it was, a museum we were not expecting to find. The Archaeological Museum of the University of Cuenca is very small, but it contains some beautiful ancient artifacts. Some are several thousands of years old. In the courtyard, there were no downspouts for the rain. Instead, they used heavy taunt chains for the water to follow so that it finds its way to the ground.
It will take about 30 minutes to see the entire exhibit. Best of all, it's free.
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 2 - November 14, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 1 - November 7, 2017
- Enjoy the Romance of Ireland's Exclusive Castles and Manor Houses - October 31, 2017
- Nova Scotia Wineries – Fantastic Wines Not to Be Missed - October 24, 2017
- Campobello Island – Where You Can Enjoy Tea with Eleanor - October 17, 2017
- Boston – The 11 Best Things For You To See And Do In The City - September 26, 2017
- Prince Edward Island 9 Top Things You Need to See and Do - September 18, 2017
- Playa Del Carmen Shopping on the Fabulous 5th Avenue - July 26, 2017
- Swim the Beautiful Cenotes of Playa Del Carmen - July 20, 2017
- How to Retire Early in 6 Easy Steps at Any Age - July 11, 2017