We found this archeological museum after we decided to check out the beautiful School of Medicine building on Dose de Abril near Solano Ave. The Cultural Unit of the University of Cuenca founded the museum in 1999. The museum has about 4,500 pieces but only a handful are displayed. They rotate the exhibits.
The grand columns that line the entranceway drew us in to have a look. There it was, a museum we were not expecting to find. The Archaeological Museum of the University of Cuenca is very small, but it contains some beautiful ancient artifacts. Some are several thousands of years old. In the courtyard, there were no downspouts for the rain. Instead, they used heavy taunt chains for the water to follow so that it finds its way to the ground.
It will take about 30 minutes to see the entire exhibit. Best of all, it's free.
- Zagorje Croatia, a Super Romantic Place to See in the World - October 2, 2018
- A Spotlight on Croatia's Amazing Northern Istria Coast - September 18, 2018
- Zagreb Croatia – An Amazing Timeless City that Cruises Miss - August 21, 2018
- The Panama Canal, a Rare Man-made Marvel You Must See Now - July 31, 2018
- Intercontinental Hotel San Juan Puerto Rico Where Paradise is Found - July 17, 2018
- Old San Juan Puerto Rico, 5 Incredible Things to See and Do - July 3, 2018
- Cartagena Old Town – Explore the Magic and Charm Now - June 19, 2018
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side in the Rainforest of Costa Rica - June 5, 2018
- AncestryDNA How I Discovered an Amazing New Family - April 20, 2018
- Fenway Park Tour in Boston – Americas Most Beloved Ballpark - March 6, 2018