Miguel Illescas Art Gallery had its grand opening last week which my wife and I attended. What a wonderful display of art. I have to say that we were a little biased since my art instructor, Alberto Soriano, was displaying some of his oil work. The artists were present along with many other Cuenca artisans. Like any opening, they served some very nice Ecuadorian wine. A majority of space had his work since this was Illescas's gallery.
It was fascinating how there were so many different types of media including oil, metal, and cloth. Miguel works with many materials for his art. He does both 2D and 3D. Miguel uses metal, plastic, wood and chromatic solutions. He is award winning and has had many shows in both Ecuador and the US.
You can't miss this gallery located on the far east end of Calle Large. Just look for the large metal statue on the outside.
There is also great music in Cuenca.
- Tri-Valley and Livermore Wine Northern California's Amazing Hidden Gems - March 24, 2020
- Mariposa, Yosemite, and Sequoia a Spotlight on Great Things to See and Do - March 10, 2020
- A Luxury Galapagos Cruise is an Amazing Lifetime Adventure - February 27, 2020
- How to Have an Amazing Weekend in Napa Wine Tasting - February 11, 2020
- An Amazing One-Day Delectable Sonoma Wine Itinerary - January 28, 2020
- Discover and Enjoy all That is the Best of Santa Rosa Wine - January 14, 2020
- The Best Way to Experience Wonderful Mendocino Wine - December 31, 2019
- Have the Best Time with This 36 Hours San Francisco Itinerary - December 17, 2019
- Absolutely Fun and Awesome Things to Do in Montana - December 3, 2019
- See Utah's National Parks in Style with Utah Luxury Tours - November 5, 2019