Miguel Illescas Art Gallery had its grand opening last week which my wife and I attended. What a wonderful display of art. I have to say that we were a little biased since my art instructor, Alberto Soriano, was displaying some of his oil work. The artists were present along with many other Cuenca artisans. Like any opening, they served some very nice Ecuadorian wine. A majority of space had his work since this was Illescas's gallery.
It was fascinating how there were so many different types of media including oil, metal, and cloth. Miguel works with many materials for his art. He does both 2D and 3D. Miguel uses metal, plastic, wood and chromatic solutions. He is award winning and has had many shows in both Ecuador and the US.
You can't miss this gallery located on the far east end of Calle Large. Just look for the large metal statue on the outside.
- Best Travel Daypack – Lightweight & Safe With Pacsafe - August 3, 2017
- Why Travelers Should Consider Airport Hotels - July 13, 2017
- Playa Del Carmen Sea Turtles – How to Swim With - July 3, 2017
- Airport Layovers Have Never Been This Great - June 3, 2017
- Expats, What They All do When Leaving the US, Shop - May 26, 2017
- LA CASA VERDE, ECO FRIENDLY COMFORT, BANOS EC - April 11, 2017
- VILCABAMBA-DISCOVER THE VALLEY OF LONGEVITY - April 6, 2017
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- HUAYNA PICCHU – MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE EVER - November 20, 2016
- PAXIS BACKPACK, BOTTOM LINE ON WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016