Miguel Illescas Art Gallery had its grand opening last week which my wife and I attended. What a wonderful display of art. I have to say that we were a little biased since my art instructor, Alberto Soriano, was displaying some of his oil work. The artists were present along with many other Cuenca artisans. Like any opening, they served some very nice Ecuadorian wine. A majority of space had his work since this was Illescas’s gallery.
It was fascinating how there were so many different types of media including oil, metal, and cloth. Miguel works with many materials for his art. He does both 2D and 3D. Miguel uses metal, plastic, wood and chromatic solutions. He is award winning and has had many shows in both Ecuador and the US.
You can’t miss this gallery located on the far east end of Calle Large. Just look for the large metal statue on the outside.
There is also great music in Cuenca.
- A Spotlight on Fantastic Fun Things to do in Portland Oregon - August 27, 2019
- Discover the Wonderful Oregon Columbia Gorge Wine Country - August 13, 2019
- Discover all that Makes Seattle Amazing in Just Two Days - July 30, 2019
- Enjoy a Scenic Adventure on the Amazing Rocky Mountaineer - July 2, 2019
- What You Need to Know about a Holland America Alaskan Cruise - June 18, 2019
- See the Best Czech Spa Towns in the World, Beginning in Karlovy Vary - June 4, 2019
- Unlock the Hidden Secrets of the Czech Republic-See Ostrava and Opava - May 14, 2019
- How to Make the Best of a Full 48 Hours in Krakow Poland - April 30, 2019
- Karolyi Chateau – Where You can Experience Hungary’s Amazing Past - April 16, 2019
- See the Wonders of the Jungle in Luxury on an Amazon River Cruise - March 26, 2019