Miguel Illescas Art Gallery had it’s grand opening last week which my wife and I attended. What a wonderful display of art. I have to say that we were a little biased since my art instructor, Alberto Soriano, was displaying some of his oil work. The artists were present along with many other Cuenca artisans. Like any opening, they served some very nice Ecuadorian wine. Since this was Illescas’s gallery, a majority of space had his work. However, it was fascinating how there were so many different types of media including oil, metal and cloth. You can’t miss this gallery located on the far east end of Calle Large. Just look for the large metal statue on the outside.
- BORED IN RETIREMENT? THINK AGAIN AND HAVE FUN - March 4, 2017
- THE MOST DANGEROUS & DIFFICULT HIKE I’VE EVER DONE - November 20, 2016
- UNIQUE PAXIS BACKPACK, WHY I MADE THE SWITCH - November 9, 2016
- EXPERIENCE AMALFI IN A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE VILLA - October 30, 2016
- HOW TO GET THE BEST NIGHT SLEEP WHEN TRAVELING - October 29, 2016
- AMAZING AMALFI COAST, AFFORDABLE DAY ON A BOAT - October 9, 2016
- CHORDELEG ECUADOR, EXCLUSIVE SILVER SHOPPING AT ITS BEST - August 2, 2016
- INGAPIRCA, A VISIT TO THE AMAZING YET POWERFUL PAST - July 10, 2016
- HIGH ATOP IN TURI, UNSURPASSED VIEW OF CUENCA ECUADOR - June 18, 2016
- PUMAPUNGO – ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE IN CUENCA EC - June 11, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.