Miguel Illescas Art Gallery had its grand opening last week which my wife and I attended. What a wonderful display of art. I have to say that we were a little biased since my art instructor, Alberto Soriano, was displaying some of his oil work. The artists were present along with many other Cuenca artisans. Like any opening, they served some very nice Ecuadorian wine. A majority of space had his work since this was Illescas’s gallery.
It was fascinating how there were so many different types of media including oil, metal, and cloth. Miguel works with many materials for his art. He does both 2D and 3D. Miguel uses metal, plastic, wood and chromatic solutions. He is award winning and has had many shows in both Ecuador and the US.
You can’t miss this gallery located on the far east end of Calle Large. Just look for the large metal statue on the outside.
- Eurail – What You Need to Know Before Traveling Europe - November 13, 2018
- Valuable Travel Items Everyone Will Actually Love This Year - November 6, 2018
- Croatia – Discovering My Croatian Ancestry For the First Time - September 4, 2018
- Innovative Mens Cruise Wear-My Exciting Find That’s Good For All Travel - May 22, 2018
- Airbnb Host – Unlock This Powerful Side Hustle to Early Retirement - March 27, 2018
- Top 10 Most Valuable Travel Apps to Use While On Your Trip - March 20, 2018
- Dingle Cooking and Pottery – Fantastic Things to do In Ireland - February 15, 2018
- 2017 Top 10 Ultimate Gadgets for the Traveler Gift Guide - November 16, 2017
- Rent a Lighthouse on a Private Island for a Unique Adventure - October 10, 2017
- The Best Prince Edward Island Attraction – Fun with Falcons - October 3, 2017