One of the great things about Cuenca is all of the cultural things there are to see and do that are free. Today we visited the CIDAP Museum (Inter-American Center of Popular Arts), located On Tres de Novembre next to the Hermano Miguel stairs. Admission is free. The architecture of the museum is beautiful. The museum is a remodeled Cuenca mansion that sits on the beautiful river. There are typically two exhibits going on at a given time. One is textiles of the world, and the other rotates every one or two months. The textiles we viewed were gorgeous. They had IKAT type weaved fabrics from around the world. Each country has their unique look. Unfortunately, the explanation placards on each display are only in Spanish. On the second level, the rotating exhibit was of Faith and Devotion in honor of Holy Week. Most of the merchandise was of famous religious figures that are dressed in coned gowns. Something you probably wouldn’t own in the US given its negative connection with the Klan. The stories on the different gowned people are very interested. We were fortunate enough to have an English speaking salesperson who offered up a few of the stories.
- BLOWGUNS & CHOCOLATE ADVENTURE IN THE AMAZON - May 20, 2017
- THE INCREDIBLE THERMAL BATHS OF BANOS ECUADOR - May 1, 2017
- BAÑOS THE ADVENTURE CAPITAL OF ECUADOR - April 17, 2017
- HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL FILMING IN CUENCA - March 31, 2017
- HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL-JOURNEY TO FAME - March 19, 2017
- LA LOBERIA & LA CHOCOLATERA – SEA WOLVES IN SALINAS - February 24, 2017
- LAKE TITICACA AND ITS MARVELOUS FLOATING ISLANDS - January 16, 2017
- MACHU PICCHU-A BREATHTAKING LOST CITY FOUND - December 11, 2016
- THE TUK TUK, GET AROUND QUICK CHEAP AND EASY - December 6, 2016
- AUTHENTIC FOOD OF PERU, MORE THAN GUINEA PIG - December 3, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.