The Medical Museum presents a history of medicine through a selection of antique devices used over the years by doctors, surgeons, dentists, apothecaries and their patients. The entrance to this museum is off of Dose de Abril at the west end of Military Hospital. The museum set-up is informal. You meander through the museum’s vintage equipment without anyone knowing you are there. Each room contains a different medical discipline such as Dentistry, Surgery, Pharmacy, etc. This place is creepy yet fascinating too. There is a skeleton of a three-year-old boy in one of the cabinets alongside a jar of 12-week old twin fetuses. In the day, all of the objects in this museum were meant to help people, but some of them seem barbarous today. The museum is free. However, we were approached by an employee to sign the guest book and pay a $1 per person donation.
- BAÑOS THE ADVENTURE CAPITAL OF ECUADOR - April 17, 2017
- HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL FILMING IN CUENCA - March 31, 2017
- HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL-JOURNEY TO FAME - March 19, 2017
- LA LOBERIA & LA CHOCOLATERA – SEA WOLVES IN SALINAS - February 24, 2017
- LAKE TITICACA AND ITS MARVELOUS FLOATING ISLANDS - January 16, 2017
- MACHU PICCHU-A BREATHTAKING LOST CITY FOUND - December 11, 2016
- THE TUK TUK, GET AROUND QUICK CHEAP AND EASY - December 6, 2016
- AUTHENTIC FOOD OF PERU, MORE THAN GUINEA PIG - December 3, 2016
- TOP 7 THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN CUSCO - November 28, 2016
- ANDEAN EXPLORER TRAIN – SEE PERU IN LUXURY - November 7, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.