The Medical Museum (or more accurately, Museum of the History Society of Medicine) presents a history of medicine through a selection of old devices used over the years by doctors, surgeons, dentists, apothecaries and their patients. The entrance to this museum is off of Dose de Abril at the west end of Military Hospital. Its location is in a remodeled building that the Sisters of Charity occupied in the 19th century. The building sits next to the St Vicente De Paul hospital. There are more than 1,200 pieces in 14 rooms.
The museum set-up is informal. Therefore, you meander through the museum's vintage equipment without anyone knowing you are there. Each room contains a different medical discipline such as Dentistry, Surgery, Pharmacy, etc. This place is creepy yet fascinating too. There is a skeleton of a three-year-old boy in one of the cabinets alongside a jar of 12-week old twin fetuses. In the day, the museum objects were to help people regain their health, but today, some of them seem barbarous. The museum is free. However, an employee approached us to sign the guest book and asked us to pay a $1 per person donation.
- Ring of Kerry Ireland – Remarkable One Day Ultimate Drive - January 17, 2018
- Enjoy the Magic of a 5 Day Prince Edward Island Road Trip - January 2, 2018
- The 5 Effective Habits of People Who Retired Early - December 19, 2017
- Making Your Own Unique Gin in Irelands Gin School is the Most Fun - December 12, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 4 - November 28, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 3 - November 21, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 2 - November 14, 2017
- Experience Irelands Ancient East, Road Trip Itinerary Day 1 - November 7, 2017
- Enjoy the Romance of Ireland's Exclusive Castles and Manor Houses - October 31, 2017
- Nova Scotia Wineries – Fantastic Wines Not to Be Missed - October 24, 2017