The Medical Museum (or more accurately, Museum of the History Society of Medicine) presents a history of medicine through a selection of old devices used over the years by doctors, surgeons, dentists, apothecaries and their patients. The entrance to this museum is off of Dose de Abril at the west end of Military Hospital. Its location is in a remodeled building that the Sisters of Charity occupied in the 19th century. The building sits next to the St Vicente De Paul hospital. There are more than 1,200 pieces in 14 rooms.
The museum set-up is informal. Therefore, you meander through the museum's vintage equipment without anyone knowing you are there. Each room contains a different medical discipline such as Dentistry, Surgery, Pharmacy, etc. This place is creepy yet fascinating too. There is a skeleton of a three-year-old boy in one of the cabinets alongside a jar of 12-week old twin fetuses. In the day, the museum objects were to help people regain their health, but today, some of them seem barbarous. The museum is free. However, an employee approached us to sign the guest book and asked us to pay a $1 per person donation.
- Prince Edward Island 9 Top Things You Need to See and Do - September 18, 2017
- Playa Del Carmen Shopping on the Fabulous 5th Avenue - July 26, 2017
- Swim the Beautiful Cenotes of Playa Del Carmen - July 20, 2017
- How to Retire Early in 6 Easy Steps at Any Age - July 11, 2017
- Huntsville Walking Tour – Learn More on Foot - June 17, 2017
- A Blast at the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville - June 10, 2017
- Amazon Jungle Adventure – Blowguns & Chocolate - May 20, 2017
- THERMAL BATHS IN BANOS ECUADOR ARE AMAZING - May 1, 2017
- BAÑOS THE ADVENTURE CAPITAL OF ECUADOR - April 17, 2017
- HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL FILMING IN CUENCA - March 31, 2017