The Medical Museum (or more accurately, Museum of the History Society of Medicine) presents a history of medicine through a selection of old devices used over the years by doctors, surgeons, dentists, apothecaries and their patients. The entrance to this museum is off of Dose de Abril at the west end of Military Hospital. Its location is in a remodeled building that the Sisters of Charity occupied in the 19th century. The building sits next to the St Vicente De Paul hospital. There are more than 1,200 pieces in 14 rooms.
The museum set-up is informal. Therefore, you meander through the museum's vintage equipment without anyone knowing you are there. Each room contains a different medical discipline such as Dentistry, Surgery, Pharmacy, etc. This place is creepy yet fascinating too. There is a skeleton of a three-year-old boy in one of the cabinets alongside a jar of 12-week old twin fetuses. In the day, the museum objects were to help people regain their health, but today, some of them seem barbarous. The museum is free. However, an employee approached us to sign the guest book and asked us to pay a $1 per person donation.
- 5 Unusual Things You Can Actually Do in Vienna - October 30, 2018
- Hotel Bristol Vienna, Experience the Luxurious Past Now - October 16, 2018
- Zagorje Croatia, a Super Romantic Place to See in the World - October 2, 2018
- A Spotlight on Croatia's Amazing Northern Istria Coast - September 18, 2018
- Zagreb Croatia – An Amazing Timeless City that Cruises Miss - August 21, 2018
- The Panama Canal, a Rare Man-made Marvel You Must See Now - July 31, 2018
- Intercontinental Hotel San Juan Puerto Rico Where Paradise is Found - July 17, 2018
- Old San Juan Puerto Rico, 5 Incredible Things to See and Do - July 3, 2018
- Cartagena Old Town – Explore the Magic and Charm Now - June 19, 2018
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side in the Rainforest of Costa Rica - June 5, 2018